June 21st | Mental Health/Medical Professionals Focus Group
- Participants identified the need to improve the downtown, transportation opportunities,
and housing availability to support healthcare providers, staff, and attract more people to the City of Panama City to increase medical capacity.
- Attendees discussed enhanced medical professional collaboration in the City to improve awareness of services, resources, and partnerships.
- Participants are concerned with the lack of counselors, psychiatrists, and trained specialists to serve juveniles.
- Mobile healthcare units, particularly in schools, were discussed as a potential opportunity to increase healthcare services.
- Participants agreed that mental health services should be publicized and de-stigmatized.